Client: National Trust Wales
Duration of work: 7 months
Status: Main contractor
Overview: Refurbishment of Historic cottage
The farmhouse at Llanborth, built around 1860 upon the former site of a medieval mansion, is now a National Trust-tenanted farm. Jamson Estates Ltd were entrusted with the complete renovation/refurbishment and adaptation of the existing stone Farmhouse into two self-contained holiday rental units, transforming the cottage into a charming retreat for holidaymakers.
- Ceiling replacements, floor repairs – concrete and timber.
- Installation of internal staircases.
- All plumbing works, including the installation of a new waste system.
- Re-wiring of both units including installation of fire detection system and separate air source heating systems.
- Lime plastering.
- Installation of Modern Bathrooms and Kitchens.
- Internal doors replaced or repaired.
- Secondary glazing installed.
- Replacement/refurbishment of existing doors – sympathetic to the history of the cottage.
- Pointing of the external stonework, chimney re-lined and wood burners installed.
- External decoration, replace guttering with cast iron guttering.
- Paving and fencing works completed externally along with the re-build of stone steps.
- Creation of Touring Caravan pitches including access road and utilities to