Glaneirw Mansion Refurbishment
Glaneirw Mansion and Estate – Refurbishment
Client – Mr & Mrs Foster
Duration of work – 16 months
Status – Main contractor
Overview – Refurbishment of historic mansion & estate
Glaneirw Mansion resides on the former site of Eirw Castle, nestled in its 50-acre estate comprising of impressive walled gardens, mature orchards and outbuildings. Jamson Estates Ltd were enlisted to sympathetically restore the mansion and estate to its former glory.
- Complete strip out of the main house, including hacking off all walls and taking everything back to bare stone.
- Specialist damp treatment works.
- Installation of new floor joists and floors.
- Installation of limecrete floor and slate slabs to the ground floor.
- Lime rendering and lime pointing works.
- New timber windows and doors, including bespoke arched doorway.
- Installation of bathrooms and bespoke kitchen.
- Overhauling of grand staircase and chimneys.
- Installation of timber panelling, insulation and all decoration works.
- Mechanical and electrical installation.
- Installation of treatment/plant and plant room.
- Installation of new foul drainage system.
- Refurbishment of the rear courtyard and its adjoining walls.
- Refurbishment of the courtyard including the installation of a new surface water drainage system.
- Installation of new brick paviours.
- Clearing of existing walled gardens and overhauling of stone walls to its perimeter, including re-building and repointing as required.
- Refurbishment of out-buildings, including converting 2 units into holiday lets.
Works consisted of stripping out of the existing barn structure. Re-roofing, installation of the new slab, framing out and insulating all internal walls, new timber windows and doors, mechanical and electrical installation, plastering and skimming works, first and second fix carpentry, decoration works, installation of bathrooms, installation of kitchens and furnishing of properties.
- Supply and erection of steel portal frame cattle shed and all associated works to slab and immediate vicinity, including the construction of a concrete road leading to new steel portal shed.
View our other case studies.